Your body naturally produces earwax to help keep your ears clean and germ-free. But when too much earwax builds up, it can lead to unpleasant symptoms like pain, itchiness, a feeling of fullness, difficulty hearing, a ringing noise, discharge, a foul odor, dizziness, and coughing.
If you are experiencing symptoms like these, you can turn to Vituity Family Medicine Center for earwax removal services. We’re a trusted medical practice with a clinic conveniently located in Glendale, California.
What Causes Earwax Blockages?
Some people naturally produce more earwax than others, making them more likely to develop a blockage. You may also experience a buildup of earwax if:
- You regularly insert cotton swabs, ear plugs, hearing aids, or other objects into your ear canals.
- Your ear canals contain bony growths or are especially narrow or hairy.
- You produce abnormally dry or hard earwax (notably, our earwax tends to become drier as we age).
What Does Earwax Removal Entail?
After examining a patient’s ear canal and determining that they have an earwax blockage, a medical provider will use one or more techniques to remove the buildup. Some common earwax removal methods include:
- Softening the earwax using medicated ear drops
- Flushing out the earwax using ear lavage (irrigation)
- Scraping out the earwax using a curette (a spoon-shaped tool)
- Vacuuming out the earwax using suction
The Top Choice for Earwax Removal in Your Area
If you require earwax removal services, turn to Vituity Family Medicine Center. We are conveniently located at 1560 E. Chevy Chase Drive in Glendale, CA, and our skilled team is ready to help you achieve relief from your symptoms. Schedule an appointment by calling us at (747) 212-3441.